Configuration Management Industry Standard SAE EIA-649 (Rev. C) Principles and Applications Certification
CMPIC Course 6: 2.5 to 3 days | 2.00 to 2.40 CEUs | Certification
ABOUT EIA-649-C CLASS
The course content will address the full standard and each student will receive a licensed PDF copy of the latest version of "SAE EIA-649 Rev C Standard for Configuration Management," an SAE International standard.
SAE EIA-649, Standard for Configuration Management, is perhaps the most widely accepted Configuration Management (CM) standard in use today. The standard applies to commercial as well as government organizations. The standard offers valuable advice on requirements for achieving successful CM implementations. Its authors come from various commercial and government backgrounds and are experts in the field of CM. This course will explain the logic and meaning behind the various EIA-649 principles, and offer options for implementation approaches and how best to apply the standard in various environments.
* CMPIC TEACHING REV C *
EIA649C Configuration Management Standard
Rev C released February 2019. Please see the SAE website for more details.
UPCOMING CLASSES REGISTER NOW
ABOUT SAE EIA-649
EIA-649 represents the best in configuration management. It is the latest CM standard for commercial and government configuration management whether hardware, software, facilities or IT. Virtually all current standards/industry requirements for CM, etc. including government standards, ITIL CM requirements, ISO 10007 CM guidance, AS9100 and more, share the same principles as defined within EIA-649. Learn what the latest version of EIA-649 has to say about CM Planning (CM Plan), Identification, Change Management, Verification and Audit, and Status Accounting.
After successfully completing this course and exam, you will receive 2.0 to 2.4 CEUs (CEU quantity is dependent upon class duration) from the University of Houston and your Configuration Management Industry Standard SAE EIA-649-C Principles and Applications Certification
from CMPIC LLC.
- Individuals who want to learn the basic principles of configuration management per industry standard.
- Organizations who have EIA-649 called out as a guidance document in contracts (note: 649 is not intended to be a compliance document).
- Any organization who wants to meet industry standard CM requirements.
- CM professionals who are considered CM Subject Matter Experts who have not had an EIA-649 course.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
CLASS SCHEDULE & OUTLINE
- SAE EIA-649 Contents Overview
- Foreword and Section: 1.0 Introduction
- 2.0 Scope, 3.0 References and 4.0 Terminology
- 5.0 CM Functions and Principles
- 5.1 CM Planning and Management
- Workshop #1
- 5.2 Configuration Identification 1 of 4
- 5.2 Configuration Identification 2 of 4
- 5.2 Configuration Identification 3 of 4
- 5.2 Configuration Identification 4 of 4
- Workshop #2
- 5.3 Configuration Change Management 1 of 2
- 5.3 Configuration Change Management 2 of 2
- Workshop #3
- 5.4 Configuration Status Accounting
- 5.5 Configuration Verification and Audit
- Application Notes and Annex A
- Certification Exam
TESTIMONIALS & REVIEWS
I left this course feeling energized and wanting to make a lot of positive changes within my company. It reminded me just how important my job and CM is.
Very thorough. The standard has a ton of information in it and the course broke it down for me in an understandable way. I feel prepared to take the next step in constructing our company’s CM Plan.
The instructor presented good examples of how companies practice CM and how not to do things.
Thank you! I would not have learned or understood as much of ANSI/EIA-649 without your help.
This EIA649 course is awesome! I really learned a lot about this high-impact document. Everyone in industry should be required to complete it.
Real-world application to the material really helped me understand CM practices / standards better than I did 3 days ago.
The instructor did a great job explaining the principles and showing how I can implement them in my organization.
I appreciated this presentation of industry trends and reviewing the upcoming revision.
There are lots of great articles, books, etc. referenced in this course.
Course was very beneficial to establishing a foundation amongst the CM team.
This was an in depth look at the industry CM standard. By giving it context, the class will help as we revamp and design our CM program.
SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS